Thursday 10 November 2016

The "Easy as 1-2-3" Campaign


From the launch of the 'Easy as 1-2-3' campaign:

"We live in worrying times. Many residents require help but feel that they are unable to discuss with the council the social issues that affect them.

While it is true that a) we adhere to a strict policy of not answering our public helpline telephones and b) our offices cannot be approached without the aid of a mine detector, we would like to alleviate any concerns you may have.

In the coming weeks you will see posters [see above] placed in public areas around the town. Read them thoroughly. They contain all the details you need to go about your daily life. You do not require any additional information from the council. Further solicitations for help or support, even in alleged emergencies, could incur a fine of up to £500."

4 comments:

  1. After Tuesday, I'm not sure if this represents my country's future or a place I'd soon like to seek refuge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have particularly been concerned about my neighbours silverback gorilla who keeps breaking into my shed and helping himself to my tapioca. However since seeing this poster I feel fully informed and much more confident that my local authority is doing all it can to avoid these situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did I just see two of the Scarfolk local councillors running down the high st. naked with feather dusters stucking out their tax passages?

    ReplyDelete